cross border E-commerce

while we sending the goods for warehouse for Ecommerce abroad. we have to file BRC for that?

Expert Advice

A BRC (Bank Realisation Certificate) is a certificate that is issued by an authorised dealer (bank) which receives remittance of export proceeds. A BRC is used to claim benefit under duty drawback, custom rebate and other benefits notified under the foreign trade policy. An exporter which seeks such benefits is required to furnish valid BRC as a proof of realization of payment against the exports made, in addition to other documents such as the goods invoice, the shipping bill, insurance papers and customs documents. In your case, if the goods are sent abroad only for the purpose of warehousing (and not pursuant to a sale), there is no inward remittance and therefore, your bank will not issue a BRC. However, once the goods are sold, the bank will issue BRC against the realisations of the sale. You may file the BRC with the authority from whom you with to avail benefits. If your remittance is covered under the e-BRC (Electronic Bank Realization Certificate) project, you are not required to submit the BRC for claiming the corresponding benefits. In this e-system, the details of the remittance is captured and transmitted to the concerned stakeholders and authorities directly, without the need for manual intervention. Trust this clarifies.

1 person found this helpful, did you? YES

Adv. Manish Acharya

Andheri , Mumbai

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help