Consumer Case

Carelessness by Cargo Company

I had send some goods for my family & kids on Diwali in 2015. But the package has been lost by the cargo people. I have spent more than BD 250 including carrier charges and other expenses. The cargo people are dilly dallying and keep saying that you will get your money. Earlier time he agreed to pay a sum of BD 300 which he has written in the email. But now a days the cargo office people is saying I will get only BD 150. Can any one suggest me the course of action? Is it will help me to lodge case in consumer court? Who will bear the all expenses for the court etc? How long time it will take to settle the account? Thanks & waiting yours valuable advice.

Expert Advice

It is advisable to file complaint in Consumer Court against the cargo company. Initially all the legal expenses have to be borne by you and you and if the case is decided in your favour then the court may direct the cargo company to reimburse the for expenses incurred by you.

Did you find this helpful?YES

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help