Consumer Case

False advertising

A breakfast serial company came up with an advertisement stating that if you eat their serial for a 2 weeks and nothing else you loose around 3 kgs. I did exactly what they said and there was no change in my weight. Can i file a case against them for false misleading advertisement?

Expert Advice

Advertisement claims are generally subject to terms and conditions, which forms a part of the fine print. You must first go through these terms and conditions to verify whether you qualify for the promised weight loss. If you meet the criteria, you can certainly file a complaint with the Advertising Standards Council of India (https://www.ascionline.org). Visit the 'lodge your complaint' section of the ASCI website and enter your details. You will receive your complaint status updates on the email id and the mobile number provided by you. You can also track your complaint using the tracking number provided to you at the time of lodging your complaint.

Did you find this helpful?YES

Adv. Manish Acharya

Partner
LawLeo.com
Andheri , Mumbai

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help