Consumer Complaints can be filed by your consumers if he/ she feels cheated by your company’s product/ services. These could be problems which showed up at the consumer’s end but you as a company might be unaware of at your end. However, it is very important for a business to understand and respond appropriately to such complaint as your business reputation is at stake.
Here are a few things you can do to address consumer complaints:
1) Understand the complaint and know what exactly the problem is that the consumer faced, what is the resolution they expect, how much is their claim amount and what is your liability in that case.
2) If the complaint is part of your warranty, reiterate the Warranty Terms & Conditions to the customer and resolve it accordingly.
3) If you have objections to the complaint or if they seem completely irrational or if the resolution costs are high, seek advice from expert lawyers who can understand your case and guide you better.
Generally, legal defence for consumer complaints are based similar to the following clauses as provided in the Consumer Protection Act, 1986:
· That the complainant is not a ‘consumer’ as defined in the Act.
· That the subject of the dispute is civil in nature and is not a consumer grievance.
· That the court has no jurisdiction, either in terms of amount of claim or in terms of location.
· That the present complaint is filed after a period of two years and should therefore be dismissed.
· That the restrictive or unfair trade practice complained of is actually not restrictive or unfair
· any other relevant clauses
Only a legal expert can help you build strong evidence to defend your company against Consumer Complaint.
DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.
Thanks for the information, our executive will contact you in a while.
firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 9508888989