Consumer Case

Services rendered and remuneration not received

I am an Interior designer. I was approach for designing office space by a company. They asked me to prepare first trial interior design of the office. I have visited their office and prepared 3 layouts. The designs were modified various times. Finally my 10th version of the design was accepted by them. After that they messaged me that they do not want to go further with me and rejected my designs. Then I raised a bill of Rs. 1,00,000/- for my services which I rendered in last two months. I had sent several reminders but they said they wont pay me as we don't have any written agreement for this. Later I came to know that they are using my designs through different contractors. I have the correspondences and approvals from them as proof of our interaction. I feel cheated by the company. Please suggest me a solution to recover money.

Expert Advice

A written instrument between parties is not essential to establish an agreement. Oral agreement or conduct of parties also constitutes valid contract. In your case by their conduct both parties have established contractual relationship. You can file a suit for performance of contract and recovery of your dues.

1 person found this helpful, did you? YES

You have to issue a legal notice through your lawyer demanding your money. If they still do not make the payment within the given notice period then you may file a civil suit for recovery of money. You can also claim damages for harassment and litigation charge with court fees.

Did you find this helpful?YES

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help