Delay in investigation

Will delay in investigation be an advantage for the accused? If proof is with someone else and they are not showing it and just dragging the case, what are my remedies? Can I prove that their entire story is fabricated?

Expert Advice

Your questions are very vague and need more detail for accurate answers. I assume that there's undue delay in filing of Chargesheet. Under relevant provisions of the Cr.P.C. you may move the Trial Court for discharge and/or expediting the trial. I would also recommend filing an RTI seeking information as to the progress of investigation. Showing malicious intention and proving the prosecution/original complainant's story as fabricated can be done only at the stage of evidence/cross. This follows only once Trial begins.

1 person found this helpful, did you? YES

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help