Criminal

Forgery

A case of forgery is filed against me by my company. The cheque which was said to be forged by me was sent to handwriting expert. Report says that the cheque is not forged. Is the opinion of a handwriting expert accepted by the courts?

Expert Advice

An expert opinion while admissible can never be held as conclusive proof as to the issue at hand. The testimony of the expert can definitely be relied upon but the same may have only persuasive value and it is in no way incumbent upon the Courts to consider the testimony of an expert as conclusive evidence. I presume you already have engaged representation in the matter. If that is so, it is essential for you to discuss with your Advocate the probability of how the testimony affects your defence. Best of luck!

Did you find this helpful?YES

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help