Child Support

I have custody of my children and my ex husband was asked to pay Rs 25,000 per month as child support in 2010. He intially started paying it but later began to delay the payments. I assumed his bussiness was'nt doing too well but not he has completely stopped paying and has moved to UK. How should i make him follow the court order?

Expert Advice

If the Order imposes terms of such payment towards maintenance for the children and your husband is wilfully defaulting, you can certainly approach the Court for execution of the Order and/or recovery of arrears. You may choose to send him a notice to clear arrears and regularise payments in keeping with the Order. If he still fails to respond, you can approach the Court and file a petition. The notice is not mandatory but recommended to show your bonafide and provide an opportunity to your husband to cure his default. Best of luck.

Did you find this helpful?YES

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help