Divorce

Divorce and custody of my children

I would like to seek divorce from my husband and custody of my 2 kids on the grounds of excessive verbal abuse and minimal involvement in family life. Please advise.

Expert Advice

Currently you are residing with your husband or you are separated from him? Collect all proves of your husband behaviour and other proves and then approach your area family court through lawyer under 13b for divorce and maintenance and file a separate petition for child custody with all proves against your husband for both problems. The divorce will b heard Nd disposed in approx two to three years. You can file one complaint in metropolitan court for domestic violence.

Did you find this helpful?YES

Dear Madam, You can file for divorce on the ground of cruelty under Indian Divorce Act. If you do not have enough means to support yourself and your children then you can also apply for maintenance from your husband, which is granted at the discretion of the court. You should also file an application for custody of your children. All these proceedings can be filed before the family court in your city. It is imperative that you consult a good lawyer and seek his assistance in the divorce proceedings.

Dear Ma'am, You can file for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty. As you have not specified the religion, the provisions may differ. In case you desire to file for maintenance for yourself or custody of your children, you can file for maintenance under Sec 125 of CRPC. You can also file domestic violence petition before the Magistrate Court and seek interim reliefs asking for maintenance..... (Provided you haven't filed for maintenance before family Court).

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help