Problem in marriage

I have been married for 7 years. My husband hits me and talks lowly of my family, especially about my father. One day, after a strong beating, I called my father and we went to the police. There the police told me that my husband had already filed a police complaint against me and my dad that we abused him verbally and physically. We filed our complaint and left. My husband has now thrown me out of the house and tells me to take my compliant back if I want to stay with him. But I'm not sure whether he will take me back. If I take back the complaint and he changes his decision then can I again file my complaint? Will taking back my complaint weaken my case in the future? Can I take my clothes and other things from the house when he is at office or will it create further legal problems?

Expert Advice

Cross complaints between parties of matrimonial disputes are quiet common. The decision of withdrawing your complaint can be made only when you first decide upon whether or not you want to continue your marriage. You certainly have the right to collect your belongings and/or Stridhan. You must also know that you have the right to remain in the matrimonial home and/or shared household and cannot be evicted unless by an Order under the law. You may also seek help from the Police and/or Protection Officers in retrieving your Stridhan and/or belongings by moving a formal complaint(s).

Did you find this helpful?YES

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help