Employment & Service

Fraud by company

I received a job offer from a company with the condition that I will have to pay Rs 20,000 in advance to secure my job and that after the money is processed they will send me the acceptance letter. I paid the same. It has been 1 month and I have not received any intimation from their side. When I am trying to contact them, no one is picking up. What do I do?

Expert Advice

I presume that you have some written communication exchanged with this Company and details of transfer of said amount. If yes, you can certainly write to the Company's registered office and ask them to either process your application or seek refund of the amount paid. If the Company still fails to respond, you can file a complaint for fraud and criminal breach of trust against the Company and/or its officials. Best of luck!

Did you find this helpful?YES

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help