Employment & Service


Sir, I am employed by a private company. I have not been paid salary since the last 3 months. Every time I am assured that the salary will be released next month. What is the legal way for me to get my money out from this company? Can I go to a court to get a solution?

Expert Advice

You can refer to your employment contract to understand how you are supposed to be paid. If you are entitled to your salary, and the same is not forthcoming, you can send a legal demand notice for your dues. Depending on the facts of your case and on the response that you may receive from your employer, you may be in a good position to file a petition before the court.

Did you find this helpful?YES

Adv. Manish Acharya

Andheri , Mumbai

To answer your question better I need additional information regarding the following: 1) Have you made any formal communication to the Company, in this regard, and if so what is their stand on this? 2) Are you still employed with the Company? I advice you to write a formal letter to the HR Department of the Company claiming your dues, also send this via email to the relevant persons in the HR Department of the Company. Try this before proceeding to a legal means of resolving the dispute as you might require some cooperation from the company at the time of leaving the company.

Did you find this helpful?YES

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help