Employment & Service

Salary not recieved for 3 months

Sir, I am employed by a private company. I have not been paid salary since the last 3 months. Every time I am assured that the salary will be released next month. What is the legal way for me to get my money out from this company? Can I go to a court to get a solution?

Expert Advice

Employees are categorized in India as a workman (as defined under the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947) or as a non-workman. As a workman, you have the option to approach a labour court for filing a case against the employer for non payment of dues. If you are a non-workman then you have the recourse to a civil court of law. Considering you are still employed with the company, any legal action you take may be met with resistance from the employer and they may try to create an atmosphere of animosity. This is just a preliminary view based on the limited facts provided, and our advise may change depending upon additional information, documents, and discussions which we may have.

Did you find this helpful?YES

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help