Refusal to give share of property

My mother has passed away and made a dying declaration for the property to be divided among us three siblings (2 sisters and one brother) equally. My brother is refusing to give us two sisters our share. What can we do about it?

Expert Advice

You may look at distribution of property per the relevant personal succession law based on your religion. A declaratory suit can help you get your share to the said property ascertained by the Court. A partition suit can help you to seek division of the property per your share as maybe ascertained by the Court. Based on the documents and details as to the property and title documents etc. the most suitable course of action can be sought. I recommend you consult a lawyer with details to best gauge your position.

Did you find this helpful?YES

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help