Right to Information

Newspaper advertisement

Sir, On Friday, 30th Dec 2016 there was an advertisement in lost and found section of Indian Express newspaper saying that "It is for information that my original qualifying examination certificate of main senior secondary examination of year 2013 and roll no. 1676685 issued by CBSE has been lost. Name of candidate :Ankit Kumar Gupta Address:Mittal Enclave ajanta sector,B-11,303,Naigoan Tel No. 8446276279" All these are my details and I have not issued this advertisement. Also my certificate is not lost. What action should I take?

Expert Advice

In that condition you should send a letter to Indian express news paper office asking for the details that who have issued this details in news paper and at the same time you should send a letter to CBSE Board requesting for not to issue any such certificate. You are also free to take legal action against the news paper and that person who has requested for advertisement. simultaneously you verify with CBSE BOARD that whether any one has requested for re issue of your certificate then you request them in writing for not issue any certificate.

Did you find this helpful?YES

Such advertisements are generally a part of the re-issue process. If a person misplaces or loses a certificate, the issuing authority (in this case, the CBSE) requires the person to issue a public notice of the loss. Oftentimes, it also requires the person to submit an indemnity bond in addition to the public notice. This advertisement may indicate that somebody has applied for re-issue of your certificate before the board. Under the circumstances, it is advisable for you to notify the CBSE of this situation before the certificate is re-issued.

Did you find this helpful?YES

Adv. Manish Acharya

Andheri , Mumbai

DISCLAIMER: The guidance provided above by the lawyers is based solely on the limited information made available to them by the respective querist. These answers are general guidelines and not specific legal advice or legal opinion. All answers are made in individual capacity and do not reflect the opinions of any employer or organisation. Kindly refer to MyLegalWork's Terms & Conditions of use.

Need Legal Help?

Get legal help before its too late! Our legal experts help about 200+ people evryday with the right legal help. All the experts are verified legal professionals with minimum experience of 3 years.

Get Legal Help

Get Legal Help